Golden earring - no promises... no debts - n.e.w.s.
In 1967, Barry Hay joined the band, replacing Krassenburg as frontman for the group. The following year, the band earned their first number one hit in the Netherlands with the song "Dong Dong Diki Digi Dong." In the United States, ground work for entering the US market was being laid by East Coast FM radio Disc Jockey and music critic—Neil Kempfer-Stocker, who is credited as the first radio DJ to champion the band stateside. This single was followed by a successful psychedelic album Eight Miles High , which featured an 18-minute version of the title track, itself a cover of the 1966 hit song by The Byrds .  The live version, which could last 45 minutes, was considered by some to be a highlight in their first and second American tours, in the middle of the hippie and flower power era in the same year Woodstock was organised: 1969. The band's American records at this time period were issued by the Perception Records label in New York, and the band's Golden Earring LP, known as 'Wall of Dolls', and single 'Back Home' performed poorly in the US but became a number 1 hit in the Netherlands.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price ?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support ?
- Buddy Miles - Fat Foot
- Alessandro Scarlatti - Arcangelo Corelli - "Su Le Sponde De Tebro" · Lizione V E Minor · Sonata Op. 5 No. 12 D Minor
- Return To Khaf'ji - From Darkest Skies
- Kare Nhasi Mbira Group - Vaigara Musango
- Black Moth Super Rainbow - SeeFu Lilac
- Splash - Love Me Today
- Jesse Franklin - I Just Don´t Know Why
- Bury The Living - Drawblank Memphis - Untitled
- Rotting Flesh - Realms Beyond The Heaven
- First Mike Rapture
- Олег Анофриев Качели
- Udo Lindenberg - Lindenberg
- Various New F1
- Oliver De Coque And His Expo'76-Ogene Sound Super Of Africa Oliver De Coque And His Expo '76 Ogene Sound Super Of Africa Live And Let Live
- Cinderella - DeLuxe Collection
- Kaveret כוורת בפארק
- Hideo Kobayashi - Yuki
- Various - 6. Bombardiranje New Yorka
- Pageripper - Pageripper
- Orkest Wim Jongbloed Dancin' Just For Fun